My People, Please add yourself!

Monday 29 September 2008

To You - My Sunshine has come

I love being a woman; I love everything about being female especially under the admiring gaze of a handsome black man. I love feeling beautiful, sexy, soft, and girly, battering my lashes and smiling my coco smile. So when you turned up on Saturday night for our ‘dinner date’ and made me feel like a lady, you brightened my life.

I’ve been more tired than I knew, I felt lonely, stressed, abandoned and alone. I was fed up of being strong, fed up of drama, fed up of life and yet I was just trying to keep on my path otherwise I would have fallen off.

You turned up on time and with flowers! You even let me walk through the door first. Those small things that many of our men have forgotten meant so much to me. When women are let down by men we turn slightly cynical, become closed and utter things like ‘never again’. We suddenly try to do everything and decide that we can take care of ourselves. On Saturday you took care of me, and I didn’t have to be anything other than be a woman.

You won’t remember but at the restaurant when I took my coat off and you did a ‘hmmmmmm’ of approval and told me you liked my dress. I saw your eyes, you admired me and under your gaze I relaxed. Under your gaze I let everything that I was holding onto go, worries, stresses strains and I became me again and you and I just talked.

So thank you for making me feel that way and for everything else that you are.

I have a little feeling that even though a few things have happened to me that haven’t been good…from now on…life is going to be just great! I’ve made a decision to let it all go and just concentrate on being me…and you really helped in that.



11 comments:

Somebodies Friend said...

Great Post

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yep u are woman and u should feel good jones and i know rthe feeling lonely, stressed, abandoned and alone

Sylvia Hubbard said...

and i wish i could put this wonderful feeling in a bottle and sell it to every woman.

Chile! we'd make more money than Bill Gates.

I need to go out on a date right now.

12kyle said...

*coming thru for the 1st time*

i'm feeling this post.

thanks for following my blog

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful! I am happy this gentleman could make you feel that way! Every woman deserves to be treated well and respected! I hope this feelings stay with you forever!

Angel said...

@ somebodies friend - Thank you :)

@Mr All-mi-t - I'm glad you could identify with how I was feeling

@ Sylvia - Sis yes, take yourself out on a date and let someone make you feel good!
You deserve it, we all do!

@ 12kyle - no problem, thanks for stopping by, Ive actually enjoyed reading!

@TJ - Wonderful is one of my favourite words and your comment was, thank you for that

Somebodies Friend said...

I have to keep reminding myself to let it all go, all the bad that has happened to me, thank you for reminding me of that!

Angel said...

no probelm somebodies friend :)

ShonaVixen said...

Loved this post, and i miss that feeling...sigh...my sunshine will come for me..hmmm but this is London and its winter..Talking to self *stop being cynical Shona*..lol..

Anonymous said...

Now this is something that every woman and man must experience. When a woman can gaze at her man and knows that when he looks at her at that moment everything is alright

Angel said...

@Shona - lol honey 09 is coming and so is your sunshine...

@VividDiva - Im glad you get the feelin :)